Check ‘Pooglet’ section for I’m So Post Modern filmclip!
www.myspace.com/thebedroomphilosopher to hear new Folkstar!
NEWS (Brought to you by the Inappropriate Miner Jokes Bureau. We are the only nationally recognised service for comedians attempting material about the Tasmanian miners. We’ve been in the business green lighting comedians and deciding how long is long enough since yesterday.)
• The Renegades of Folk have had their own ticket-tape parade (me tearing up all our posters and flyers and throwing them at Josh) to celebrate what insiders are calling a ‘successful 2006 campaign.’ We sold about 900 tickets, and for the first time in my four year history of the festival, actually made a little bit of money. Overall, we were pleased with the response from audiences, considering we ended up with virtually no reviews or articles. The show was awfully fun to perform, and Josh and I are mostly still talking to each other, sure, it’s via magna doodles sent in the post, but, small steps.
• A huge thankyou to everyone who handed out flyers for us, and came along to the show. You will not be forgotten. Maybe your name – like if we see you at a party – but not your face – no way.
• The I’m So Post Modern film clip features on Triple J’s Hottest 100 DVD that has just been released. It is number 36 in the 40 song collection, resting comfortably between Grinspoon and The Butterfly Effect. Just remember, the clip will appear on my forthcoming single. *mumbles something about paying off credit card*
• The best short story I’ve ever written ‘Zine Queen of My Dreams and The Majestic Rejection’ has been published in the recently released Sleepers Almanac ‘Nervous System.’ Sleepers are two brilliant Melbourne ladies who put out Australia’s best collection of up and coming writing. Watch out McSweeneys! Look for it in a little bookshop. www.sleeperspublishing.com
• Due to an exiting flatmate, I’ve swapped rooms in my Clifton Hill abode – moving into a room roughly three times as big as the old one. It’s the largest room I’ve had in my life. In conjunction with my about to turn 26ness, I feel like a real grown-up. Sure, I still have a single doona on a queen size mattress, but, small steps.
• The Ronnie Johns Half Hour was recently nominated for a Logie, so, if there’s any moments during LapTopping that you find yourself drifting off, just remember I am a Logie nominated writer! Now that’s some healthy arrogance motherfathers!
• Having said this – Centrelink are about to crush me into the dust. Due to my temporarily surviving purely from television writing, they have basically ‘reset’ my account, and my two impassioned years with them count for naught. They are saying things like ‘job network training’ and ‘five days a week for half a day’ but by that time I offered them a renegades of folk flyer and they left me alone. Small steps.
i have been waiting with baited breathe (possibly spelt wrong), for the arrival of the pooglet on your website. where, justin, is the pooglet? how long are you going to continue falsely advertising the arrival of this pooglet? i am disgusted, disappointed and disorientated and now have lost all hope of ever finding a pooglet in this poogletless website.
Hey Justin! I’m a burnie kid too!
See u at 27 May HOBART – THE VENUE
The ‘guy in the comedy star suit’ you made fun of on jjj this morning was my brother…see you on the 25th!
Trust you to come back to Newcastle, and for free no less, when I’m going to be out of the country! If I kick a flight attendant in my despair I wonder if I can blame you for inciting violence too?
Okay, ‘name’ – I hope that doesn’t mean you are planning to perhaps crash tackle me during my gig. I was making fun of the event as a whole – not your brother specifically. I never intended for my song to actually end in someone getting hurt, of course. I am more than willing to apologise for the bizarre events that have taken place.
Dearest chum, we are looking forward to seeing you on saturday evening!!! you are cool. and have nice clothes. i love hello kitty it was nice conversing with you. from terry and MAGGIE. p.s what is this jargon!?
Dear Justin, I was at the Hobart Gig at the venue last night with several thousand of my friends and i must say it was absoloutely great! you win and i wish id had another five bucks to buy a t-shirt 🙁 but really great job you just need to grow some better support acts apart from sam who made me happy in pants. In conclusion yay! p.s i was almost crying when you didn’t play Megan the Vegan but thanks to my friend the aggressive man this was avoided! well worth 10 bux
Hey Bedroom Philosopher,
I was at your “Radelaide” Grace Emily show. Ah, it was so good (even though you didn’t play The Heart Song). Thanks heaps for all the fun and poogletness.
Also, maybe you should grow a beard?
After reading your Who am I? section i feel like i know you intimately…I’ll have that baby for you if you like.
But seriously (no i was serious, i will if you like 😛 )
The show at the Lass was fucking fantastic….I await with baited breath the arrival of said Pooglet, which you mentioned on the back of the shirt you signed for me, on this website…..
Mate, I had no idea what I was in for when I went to your gig at the troubadour in ‘brisso’ a couple of nights ago. The biggest laugh I’ve had in a while and my only regret was I had no cash on hand to buy your album. As soon as my centrelink comes in next monday I shall visit a record store and buy it. I hope you one day pay off your credit card, I shall be a vocal supporter of yours should you ever return to our humble Brisvegas (read: I wish I was in Melbourne)
When are you coming to CAIRNS?????
I’m from Burnie and wanted to know if ur doing any shows here soon? I haven’t seen you but all my friends tell me you’re great and played ur songs for me and I think ur hilarious.
Have a great day possom!
I was at the Hobart show, and it was ace. I thought all supports were ace too. Definitely dug the i’m so over girls song, that one is a classic.
*Justin disappears inside a doona cover of joy and self-wrestles with thanks to the supportive lads and lasses*
Hoping to play in Burnie at the end of the year. Cairns, not so sure.
It’s funny that gigs are identified from what songs I didn’t play. When I think about the amount of songs I didn’t play my head hurts.
I’m still taking submissions for potential mothers of my child. They can even be Female!