(Brought to you by Browny Maelstrom’s Canteen of Green. Now with three caravan’s across Australia offering freshly steamed broccoli in the convenience of a nugget )
• My debut studio album “In Bed With My Doona” has secured national distribution through MGM in conjunction with Nan and Pop Records. This means that, in theory, you can buy the album at any record store in Australia. Due to alphabetical merits it is first on MGM’s extensive list of new releases. It is also, amazingly, on the Sanity website:
A representative of Nan and Pop records made this statement: ‘That’s very good Justin. Let’s hope you sell a few.’
• Melbourne International Comedy Festival sojourn ‘In Bed With My Doona’ was a success! Better Crowds. Mostly better reviews. Better me. A detailed report will come soon.
• ‘Little cerebral avant-garde folk comedy engine that could’ I’m So Post-modern is still being requested on Triple J’s ‘Request Fest’ six months after it’s induction into the public sphere. On two days in April I was in the ‘Top 5 most requested acts’ on super requests. Details as follows:
Top 5 Requested Acts 1.04.05
Top 5 Requested Acts 5.04.05
• The other day, while walking home from Officeworks, I had this EXACT thought in my head – “I’ll get that stuff out of the way then I can start sinking my teeth into my own shit.”
• Bev enjoyed a break from LapTopping administration duties by going on a short holiday to Vietnam with her daughter. Kerry spent the time listening to his newly acquired Sooty spoken word album on vinyl.
• www.bedroomphilosopher.com is ‘disturbingly close’ to being a fully functioning online entity.
• Last Saturday, I got the group I was with kicked out of a trashy Melbourne nightclub due to a spontaneous interpretive dance. It involved me flopping over the four Daytona Link-up video game chairs, rolling into the pedal trench, getting stuck, and kicking over a fake pot plant with my foot. I was eventually ‘helped up’ by large, surly bouncers saying ‘you’re a f#%kin idiot.’