Ahoy joymints! There’s been a lot of demand for the Hottest 100 acoustic megamix. Good. We’re currently in negotiation with the station and an MP3 will be appearing on JJJ and/or this website soon.
NEWS (brought to you Frazer Follix’s Personality Beam! Every been sitting next to a stranger at the bus-stop wishing you could insert the personality of a close friend into them and have a decent chat? Now you can. The personality beam stores the DNA make-up of up to three friends. Simply point and shoot, and you will have up to 15 minutes of a familiar persona to talk to, in a strangers body! Now your unconventional sense of humour being appreciated is only a beam away!)
• I beat a Beck song in the hottest 100. I came #72 while ‘Que Onda Guero’ came #75. So I am going to make the statement that I’m bigger than Beck. As they say in football, ‘look at the scoreboard.’ At least now I will have something constructive to say when I meet my idol. ‘Hi. I beat you in the world’s largest music poll. Can I have an autograph?’
• Shane Porteous, the actor who played Dr Terence Elliot in long-running Australian medical drama ‘A Country Practice,’ who features in the last line of “I’m So Post Modern,’ emailed me. Firstly, his neighbour contacted me, letting me know that he knew about the song and that I should contact him. I made contact and he replied, saying his kids loved the song but he hadn’t actually heard it yet. I then informed him about the film clip, and whether he’d like to somehow be in it. He said he wasn’t looking ‘for exposure at this stage of his life.’ But agreed to send me a genuine signed fancard. He currently writes for television and is a very cool and nice man. He said he still didn’t really get the smock reference, but didn’t want to get all deconstructionlist about it.
• The I’m So Post Modern film clip has been completed, turned into digi-beta and handed to the ABC in a brown paper bag. It was animated on Mac program Final-cut pro by Ronnie John’s Half Hour’s Dan Ilic. It is a visual and mental karaoke retina puzzle of wonderment. Thankyou humbly to everyone who sent in pictures. Unfortunately not everything could get in, and some things will get in but only be flashed up for a split second. I’ll be emailing everyone individually very soon, just to let you know.
• Film clip shout-outs should go to Frances Lech, Claire Nielsen, Sarah, B.J. and Arden from Adelaide who spent an entire day coming up with about 90 pictures, including accurate representations of the ‘alphabet soup, adolf diggler, art exhibition, santa, vegemite and sleeping bag’ lines. David Blumenstein who rendered an artfully surreal ‘wingdings’ picture, and Tai Snaith who nailed the ‘tattoo of my pin number’ guide-dog and ‘tent tied to a tram.’ Also Lauren who did an intriguing vector rendition of ‘santa in August.’
• My time in ‘The Muggy Cockroach’ (if Sydney was an old style english pub) is coming to an end. I am planning to return permanently to ‘The Tram and Stencil’ (have a guess) March 1st.
• LapTopping subscriber Liv Foley, from Tasmania has written a damning letter:
“I wish to report a fault in recent LapTopping. Being a long subscriber to Laptopping it has come to my recent attention that the “Warnings” at the bottom of each Laptopping have started to repeat themselves. Now, being the witty comic genius you are, I expected better than such. Also its spelt Gandalf not Gandolf.”
In reply, I say, that like some metaphorical panties hidden deep in my sock drawer, the LapTopping disclaimers have for a long time been my secret shame. More often than not, when I get to the end of carving out the fortified text flannel banquet of this e-zine, I am so weary and grass-stained that my delicate head cannot bear the conquest of another seemingly carefree word. I thought I could sort of rotate them and wait for someone to notice. But this is no longer acceptable, and I stand before you, Team Pooglet, with arms outstretched awaiting the lashings of your pure white fury. Etc. Subsequently, the disclaimers are going to be taking a little holiday while Kerry T.M.D. tries to order some new parts from underwater Hong Kong.
I appear to have been the lone blogger at your Sleepers gig tonight. A woman behind me asked if I was okay during your Blog song. Not sure whether that’s because I was laughing fit to burst a vena cava, or because she judged me capable of blogging 3000 words about the act of getting out of bed.
I laughed my way through your Bio. You’re one talented guy, Justin. Hope the depression is history. If not, remember that you are a gift, even when you can’t get your “act” together. Grace.
I love the video! Check the rage guestbook from Monday to see what the weekly reviewers thought (I am one of them, look for Davo 4 Rock).
Peace, my man.
I saw your ‘I’m So Postmodern’ video WAAY too early one morning on Rage. Very animutation-y, and very, VERY entertaining. You’re a very unique talent, and one I’m ecstatic to have come across.
hey i’m doing an assignment on postmodernism and would love to get a copy of the clip (i have to do a presentation, you see). so does anyone know where i can get it? more to the point would anyone like to send it to me for free because i am poor? please help me i’m not the brightest crayon in the box. love hannah.
i just heard you’r acoustic megamix on tripple j!! you rock man! very tallented, so keep it up..hope to see some more in the future….kyle
I heard your megamix also. its awesome! i want a copy!
“Tram & Stencil”? Would have to be Burnie.
HEY!! My name’s Hannah too!
Ee! I need to hear le megamix! not fair, I was at school when it aired =(
I agree with brodie and kyle, post the megamix on your site.
I was at school when it aired as well. If it’s not too much trouble PLEASE post it on this site, Triple J doesn’t seem to have it on their site either! Thankyou 🙂
I also would love to get the Megamix, most awesome thing I have heard… please post it…
yeah its awseome could you post it please
to dear mister bedroom philosopher.
your birthday is exactly 10 years before mine, if your biography page is to be believed.
we should start a club for people born on june 12 in years ending in zero. i just know it’ll be a hit.
i am in love with this font.
OMG!!!!!! the megamix is very very grouse mateys!!! I’m excited coz I’m seeing POTC 2 tonight!! yay!!! I’m so Posmodern kicks bottom also, especially the part about dressing up as santa in the middle of august and haunting golf courses!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!! grouse tomatoes!!! CYASS!!!!
hello my friends!!!!
yer so the Bedroom Philisopher songs rock my socks!!!!! They are very grouse (guess who I’m friends with!!!) I hate australia map directory of tasmania! CYASS!!!!
The megamix is on my Myspace site. Heathery, who on earth are POTC? Is that some kind of nu-wave emo? How many people out there think ‘The Bedroom Philosopher’ are more than one person? You think a one man act can’t start with ‘The’?