Welcome Pooglet! bedroomphilosopher.com is here! It’s pixelfest ’05! Thanks to Kilbot and Tamicita!
(brought to you by Dr Sludsy’s ‘Haiku Wipes.’ Now you can enjoy our handi-pak of lemony towelettes artfully etched with a variety of early 19th century Japanese poetry)
• The Tripod tour of regional W.A. was a success! The Tripod boys were gracious and inspirational. Units were shifted, miner’s bemused – x-box played! Full report next issue.
* ‘No Petrol Day’ is on September 22. If you normally buy petrol, don’t – and the oil companies will go mental. If you don’t normally buy petrol, and you see a service station attendant – kick them in the shins.
* The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on their site daily to meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. It takes less than a minute to go to their site and click on “donating a mammogram” for free (pink window in the middle). http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
• There is a website called www.last.fm where you hook your computer music player up to a profile and it records every song you play and you can listen to playlists of other people around the world with similar music tastes. It’s rather exciting. I am on there under ‘ImSoPostmodern’ and I don’t have any neighbours!
* My good pals Matt and Telia are putting on a fringe festival show where you pay $1 and go into little booths and see interesting little bits of cool drama and weird things. There is a thing there called ‘The Sin Book’ where you confess sins. It’s anonymous and cathartic. go to http://pennymachinations.blogspot.com/ go to comments and then post a comment, select anonymous and type away. If you don’t I’ll have to pull out my old staple of “I once made love to a lake.”
The show is: Penny Machinations Fringe Club North Melb Town hall, friday 23rd, 30th September and 7th Oct. $1 a go. starts 8:30pm
* I’m So Postmodern appears on the just released ‘Triple J Super Requests – Dog’s Breakfast’ compilation. It pops it’s play-do head up at track 16, in between King Missile’s ‘Detachable Penis’ and Placebo’s ‘Taste In Men.’ Also on the album are the Yeah Yeah Yeah’s, Scissor Sisters, Rammstein, Marylin Manson, The Streets, Primus, and such novelty hits as ‘Cows With Guns’ and ‘The Reefer Song.’ I’m pretty sure there is a typo in my tracklisting, as there is NO apostrophe in I’m! My theory is that all these acts will be sent the CD, listen to it, laugh at my song, and then never think of me again. (except the lead singer of yeah, yeah, yeah’s, who will laugh at song, fly over to meet me, we’ll go out for 3 months but it won’t really work out)