Headlining Local Laughs June 10
- I will be wearing colourful trousers while performing light to moderate comedy at The Local tomorrow eve June 10. Perhaps I will play Weird Dream or Megan The Vegan, which has no doubt aged really well. (The Local, St Kilda, doors 8:30, $15/$12.) As a Get Up Mum tie-in, I may reissue this ’91 rage megamix.
- Hey, like The Get Up Mum 10-part radio series is rolling on RN’s Life Matters. Go to justinheazlewood.com for all the infodiddle. It airs daily at 9:20am. Consider it like The BP’s prequel. The Happiest Boy meets Middle Aged Mum.
- Perhaps you’re sad that Labes didn’t get in or that Ric Ocasek’s Emotion In Motion isn’t on Spotify. If it’s cos you’re not part of my Ezine cool club, then rectify the premise. Past issues are kickin on this link where you can also subscribe.
- Somehow spoken word sleeper hit Man On a Tram, not even a song (Interlewd) & obscure maxi-single b-side Marjory have busted into my Top 5 tracks on Spotify. The latter (entirely improvised in Albury after a gig in the mid 2000s) is particularly satisfying. It’s never been mentioned by anyone except Simone Page Jones.
- Dude – it’s Schizophrenia Awareness Week. Give this puzzling disorder some colourful contemplation by taking part in interactive quiz.