Justin Heazlewood: Selected Readings
- I’ll be fanning my feathers and swanning around at Bella Union (Trades Hall) Sep 24. It’s a chance to hear my writing and see my subtler songs. I’ll be joined by the eloquent Elizabeth Flux. It’s in the arvo. Do pop along! TICKETS HERE.
- So, ten Melbourne writers were asked to write about ten locations around Darebin for Writing This Place. I was given Northcote Town Hall. For my piece Stella & the Elders I wanted to reflect on disability advocate Stella Young who performed her show ‘Tales From The Crip’ there. I also included some Aboriginal Dreamtime figures. It’s the first fiction I’ve written in ten years.
- I’ll be taking part in the Wheeler Centre event Harry Who? The True Heroes of Hogwarts October 25 at the Athenaeum Theatre. I used to get called ‘Harry’ when I worked at the Canberra Labor Club. I was the only bloke with mid-length hair and glasses serving glasses of mid-strength.
- Courtney Barnett & Kurt Vile have joined forces for a new single. (bagpipeless). They’re the new Kurt & Courtney! (One YouTube commenter can’t be wrong).
- Comedian Nelly Thomas has a feminish kids book called Some Girls. She’s bung on a Pozible campaign for it, which is humming along nicely.
- Is this the worst offer ever on Ebay?