- Funemployed is going fabuloso! There’s a bunch of artist testimonials at justinheazlewood.com. It’s been described as “like getting a hug” and “like getting a punch in the face.” Amanda Palmer tweeted that we’ve both written the same book. Art is in the air.
- I’ll be in conversation at the National Non-Fiction Festival next Sunday at Deakin Uni (Geelong Campus): www.wordforwordfestival.com.au. Sunday 24th I’ll be hosting the Funemployed panel at Melbourne Writers Festival – interviewing John Safran, Angie Hart, Ben Watt (UK), Clem Bastow & Tom Doig. Tickets: http://www.mwf.com.au/session/funemployed/#tickets.
- My Advice Booth reprise at Sun Bookshop was fab. This lad posed ‘I want to study philosophy but there’s no job!’ ‘Don’t let that stop you,’ I replied.
- Brisbane: I’ll be appearing at Queensland Poetry Festival as The Bedroom Philosopher and hosting a Funemployed panel at Big Sound.
- I’ll be supporting the great SPOD for two shows in Sydney at the Lansdowne Sep 19 and in Melbourne at the Old Bar Sep 26.
- I’m living by myself for the first time. (Back in Thorndog, where I belong). I set my CD player alarm clock to AM instead of PM and came home to “How Bizarre” blaring.