I’M SO POST MODERN FILM CLIP CALLOUT CLOSING SOON!
Aloha Moogwagon! Basically, if you’d like to potentially be in the ‘I’m So Post Modern’ filmclip – email me your pictures by this Friday!
Preferably outlandish interesting photos of anything really. Nan’s and cats and headshots are popular. Or why not try and recreate a line from the song? Artwork is loved also.
Don’t worry if you’re going to miss out! I’m about to put a callout for photos and artwork of Team Pooglet members (you) trying to recreate lines from the song, for a gallery on the website. Sound satisfying?
THANKYOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF ALL MY HEARTS TO THOSE WHO VOTED FOR BERNARD FANNING. It’s great to have some competition. It keeps me on my toes!
Hey, I beat Beck!
The game that’s captured a nation’s imagination a fair bit. Go to:
to see others. (I’ll be posting up the ones that have been sent in to me so far)
Name: Mitchell Skinner
Rock Star Name: Jock-Blue Degilbo
Band Name: Enrichment Kills
Hit Song: Enjoy The Smokes
(brought to you by Microsoft’s INSERT KEY ice-cream range – ‘Overwrite Your Tastebuds’)
• Christmas and New Year’s eve were celebrated successfully. I realised today why I’ve received a number of interesting messages, because I left my mobile number in quite a few places on my website. Thanks to the two girls who left messages on new year’s eve, one wishing me airplay on Hong Kong radio. I also received these flattering texts:
“I have a ball. Perhaps you’d like to bounce it.” (an admirable simpsons quote)
“Do you still love ya little ringa?” (i suppose?)
“Appinuyear o quixotic 1 – unconstrained luv from Mad Maud – ps where’s my bludy laptopping f*kface” (this leads me onto my next piece of news)
• Bev informs me that a few subscribers haven’t been receiving their issues of late. I am thinking that our current system of a commodore 64 hooked up to a Technics bicycle isn’t working so well. If you are experiencing difficulty please let us know. Kerry the Metaphysical drummer has made a three-piece suit out of band-aids, but has informed me it’s only a band-aid approach.
• I didn’t win anything in the Tattslotto gift-pack that Nan and Pop gave me, but while I was having it checked I stared at some models in obscure fashion magazines.
• Falls Festival went well! There will be a proper report in an upcoming issue. No girls asked me to have their baby this year, but some British ex-pats with dreads wanted me to sign the tip of their man-things. I wasn’t sure what to say. (In retrospect, ‘no’ covered most bases.)
• My website had about 60, 000 hits for December, which is fantastic. However, about a third of the traffic was being generated by an article I did about the Ronnie Johns show, so that anyone googling it was ending up on my site. It was nice having people say ‘chopper and the wog guy rock, don’t u dare axe this channel 10’ for a while, but after getting this email, I decided to remove the whole thing:
“I’m pissed off that in your show on christmas night, that you were giving muslims crap and your a faggot….by the way your show sucks balls and none of my freinds watch it you racist prick.” I thought it was a strange thing for Glenn Robbins to say, as he is the executive producer.
• On the sanity website, where you can buy my album, it has ‘people who shopped for In Bed With My Doona also shopped for:’ In the very early days, I was told that it just had ‘So Fresh Volume 9’ up there. One of my friends, Nick Flight, bought a Steven Wright album just to give me some street-cred. It’s nice to see that there are now things like Bjork’s ‘Medulla’, the ‘9 songs’ soundtrack, ‘Fame’ DVD and a Fred Astaire album, all of which have clearly inspired me. In fact, if you can think of what the genre would be called if you combined all of those albums mentioned, please let me know.
This is a nice happy website provided by Sarah Sherringham: http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~geoffo/humour/flattery.html
::::::::::::::: Justin – How goez it! :::::::::::
Well well well motherfucker! i hope you had a brillo time in the cool calm confines of the Marion Bay Falls Festival NYE 2005 drinks tent consumption and decore and bailed hay cocktail lounge…. you remember! How have you pulled up since? I hope you are well, on this day and all days!
We drunk smooth jrock bourbon and molotov cocktails in between swallowing big bursts of unhomogenised 100% Tasmanian oxygen with shards of sonic noise and dissonance and pointed raised cans in a 40degree southerly direction.
We girded thy loins and paid our passing disinterestedness to an inaccurate Roman Catholic calender – joseph, mary and little baby jesus too.
We hovered like low pressure systems and isotopes of cool unbridled big gay Tassie weather.
I just want to add the time pumped like successful CPR.
I floated like a inflatable blow-up helium pink stereo fairy doll on a Monkey magic pink cloud 9 .
We tip-toed amongst the Marion Bay pasture like beautiful bush bambis, and not yet extinct. Secure in our knowledge that 2006 is the year utopia is established, our disko Top 40 gets established too and the time ahead holds more promise than a bounding rare Tasmanian two-headed white spotted pregnant albino mountain wallaby.
We will party like karaoke. Like the anticipation and breathlessness and flatterery of a karaoke video release of oneself. How exciting!
This is my email address id like to extend to thee – if we can keep in regular touch it would blow my wig back completely. How did the Lorne set for you?
Falls festival was wonderful and i made so many new friends – i think i made the most of things dude.
If i could send you a CD when it is finally mastered (March) of the Elvis Christ band and my solo stuff ( the more poignant material which i think you may like – its more modernistic then the pomo sound genre you have created yourself id really be stoked if i could support you guys sometime, before you get international on my arse! The cd is abeautiful bounding pink metal baby – it’s been long in gestation but will be exhilarating in its delivery! My one big golden hope is that its Heidegger matches the Foucalt of your lyrics! Then again, i think its a good schtick to just ignore philosophy together… chuck it in to the most sullen corner of ones bedroom (sic) – and write your own schtick from there… well, listen to it and see what you think. My Diney Disco never pretended to be anything than hyper-real, all said and done!
I hope Sydney is being enjoyable – and its not being as cosmo as to get to oneself etc and you are staying chilled etc
Good luck for the Mandarin Club – are you heading anywhere being your last gig for a while dude? I hope it goes well! And the Television scriptwriting for the Ronnie Johns half hour is flowing freely like creative juice from strange fruit… keep up the good work.
if we can catch up soon it would be too deluxe for words!
!!Best, take care!!
I’m so postmodern I am holding a hottest 100 party, on my own, in a darkened room, listening to 100 random songs on my ipod. I may not show up.
Congratulations on acheiving an admirable slot in the hottest 100! I let out my inner (and outer) girl by screaming in a giddy manner when I heard that you got #72.
I’m sure you’re thrilled, and i’m positive that nan and pop will be very proud.
Sorry to be a burden but will you be releasing an album featuring the song; I’m So Over Girls, which you performed at The Falls Festival 2005, Marion Bay.
Alex’s mum is right – I was looking for the I’m so Over Girls song on the CD, but haven’t found it…
Number 72 is my favourite number in the whole world, so well done on achieving this in the Hottest 100
well done i voted for you twice!!
Yes, yes, it’s all very good that now you are famous, but I will always miss our casual intimacy.
Why have you not published my hap hap hap happy, you bastard?
isnt voting twice cheating?
when is the cut off date for the pics? me and my crisper have a bit of a play date linned up…
maybe u have already said it and i just cant read…
I didn’t vote for Bernard Fanning. I think that song is the most boring one on the face of the planet. And he’s a big liar. He says, “I just want to wish you well,” and yet he questions “why did you give up on me so soon?”. So obviously he doesn’t “just want to wish you well”, he wants to winge on like a big nancy girl. But I suppose that’s not quite as catchy.
that cracks me…amy you’re a funny one!!! nancy girl…haven’t heard that one in a while, btw have you guys heard ‘the mummy’ by rod mckuen, it’s top stuff
I didn’t vote for you, and probably wouldn’t have.
But Seriously, Im So Over Girls, where can i find it? Alex your grounded your not aloud to be posting comments on comedic folk gods webpages.
Hi Alex, (and Mother)
‘I”m So Over Girls’ will be on the next studio album, which I have set a personal goal to release by the end of this year. Boogie on Australia! It might be called ‘Pyjamarama’ and it might be called ‘Cruskits! Cruskits! Cruskits!’ and it might be called ‘Overproduced, missing the mark, contrived second studio album’
=O le new album??!!
Merciful Justin, pliss hurry with zis album!